Holiday tips and Impressions
Ferienhotel Bernstein is a great starting point for active holiday-makers.
- 200 m behind the hotel starts the coast forest which changes to dunes after 1 km. Usedom Island boasts a very long sandy beach at the Baltic Sea. 35 km of unbroken coast line allow walking from Peenemünde at the Northern end of the island to Swinemünde on the Polish side. Forest and beach offer endless possibilities for hiking, jogging, or Nordic walking.
- Ostseebad Trassenheide is integrated in the extensive network of bicycle paths of Usedom Island. Bike tours are great to explore the beaches and the lovely hinterland of the island.
In addition to the appealing scenery, Ostseebad Trassenheide offers a number of cultural activities. Each year, the tourist information organizes an attractive programme with events for guests of all ages.
Usedom Island is beautiful in all seasons. Flocks of migrating birds in autumn, glittering snow in winter or spring sun at the Achterwasser (coastal lagoon of the Baltic Sea) - especially the low season offers unique nature experiences in a quiet and peaceful ambience.
Excursion tips for any weather
- Artist workshop with gallery and sculpture garden of Otto Niemeyer-Holstein in Koserow (guided tours all the year round)
- Butterfly farm in Trassenheide
- Upside down house in Trassenheide
- Peenemünde with the Peenemünde Historical Technical Museum, Phänomenta (family friendly exhibition of physical phenomena), Russian submarine
- Glow-in-the-Dark Mini Golf (indoor) in Peenemünde
- Karls Erlebnis-Dorf in Koserow
- Bernsteintherme in Zinnowitz (indoor swimming pool and beach sauna, spa treatments)
- Visit of the three “Kaiserbäder” (imperial seaside resorts) Ahlbeck, Bansin, Heringsdorf
- University and Hanseatic City of Greifswald (40 km)
- Hanseatic City of Stralsund (UNESCO World Heritage Site), 70 km distance, Oceanographic Museum (Meeresmuseum), the OZEANEUM aquarium
All destinations can be reached by train. We are happy to help you with planning your trip.
Culture and Events
The seaside resort Trassenheide organises a cultural programme for all ages. Here you find the calendar of events : https://www.trassenheide.de
„Blechbüchse Zinnowitz“ (Tin Can Zinnowitz) is a location of the State Theatre Mecklenburg-Vorpommern with regular performances: www.blechbuechse.de
The cinema “Club-Kino Zinnowitz” shows all year round blockbusters and art-house-films. The programme can be found here: http://club-kino.de/kino/programm/city177
Vineta – Festspiele
Vineta – Play of elves – an open-air theatre with music, dance and a laser-show for the whole family. Performances from 30 June until 1 September 2018 in Zinnowitz: www.vineta-festspiele.de
Usedomer Musikfestival (22. September bis 13. Oktober 2018)
The international music festival presents music from all 10 countries round the Baltic Sea. Programme und tickets under: www.usedomer-musikfestival.de